You make resolutions to improve yourself or to work on things about yourself that you want to be better. If you use social media for marketing – for your company or yourself – then you should make some social media resolutions as well. Not sure where to start?
Here are 5 Social Media Resolutions to focus on that can make your social media sparkle.
1. More videos. People have short attention spans when it comes to social media, and that means no one is going to read that 1,000-word blog, no matter how interesting the information. Can you convey your message in a 30-second video? Images are often more powerful, in any case, and trying to get across your message through video will force you get more creative. Still on the fence about video? Check out this article: 37 Staggering Video Marketing Statistics for 2017
2. No more manual posting. Come on; it’s 2018. There are many options when it comes to posting, scheduling, and planning ahead. Seeing something that you want to share right then is one thing, but when it comes to consistency and thoughtful, directed content, use a tool that will help you. Not sure which one fits your style best? Check out this article: 15 Social Media Management Tools That Can Help Your Business Thrive
3. Create a Conversation. The whole purpose of the creation of social media was the connection. It was a means to reunite with family or friends that you haven’t seen in a while and a way to make new friends. Your business social media shouldn’t be any different. Connect with followers and respond to positive comments and especially to negative comments. Ask for feedback, put out polls, or start a Tweet chat.
4. Use Analytics. Don’t post willy-nilly! Be strategic and use the analytics of the platform you are posting on, as well as your own analytics. Pay attention to your feed and the response it gets, and use that to get in messages about your business. One small business owner noticed that any Instagram post with cats always got lots of like and comments (duh, it’s cats!). She dubbed her two cats as the Office Manager and the Office Assistant and uses pictures of them to remind her followers that she runs a small business.
5. Be Fresh. The worst thing is when a social media stream gets stagnant and predictable. People will glaze over and not focus on your content, no matter what you post. The great thing about social media is that it is a free (generally) way to market yourself and your business. The challenge is keeping it full of content that is interesting and attractive to followers. Include updating your bio, message, and any picture. Struggling? Check this article: 20 Social Media Ideas to Keep Your Brand’s Feed Fresh.
With these five steps, your social media will be gleaming in 2018. Good luck!
The Twiggs Group is a marketing and social media management company located in Northwest Arkansas. We are passionate about branding and working with fun clients with big dreams. Our team has over 30 years of collective experience in marketing, branding, tourism, design and public relations. We are passionately focused on delighting our clients, and to do that, we do a lot of listening. We listen to your story, pay attention to your core values and take ownership of your dreams. Listening is the first step to understanding, and when we understand what you want to achieve, we can help you make those dreams a reality.